Reporting to the System Director, the Social Services Manager represents the client stakeholder within the organization by managing the day to day operations of the Intake Team, serving as a Field Instructor for the existing internship program, serving on multiple committees including the Mayor’s Challenge, serving as Chairperson of the Communications sub-committee of Mayor’s Challenge, Community Lead for Operation Deep Dive, serving as a liaison between the resources to the clients, providing advocacy, support, and education on veteran issues, and ensuring that all clients are provided quality customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages and supervises the day-to-day operations of the Intake Team through client intake, assessment, and referral system as the team engages with veterans, spouses, caregivers, and their family members with quality customer service;
- Recruits, provides orientation/training, and coordinates work schedules to maintain a sufficient number of qualified members to carry out the responsibilities of the Intake Team while ensuring performance meets or exceeds expectations with periodic performance evaluations conducted on a timely basis;
- Recruiting, managing and maintaining partnerships with national and local universities that provide support to Combined Arms’ Internship Program;
- Serve as a Field Instructor for Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, and Public Health Interns for Bachelor and Master level students;
- Provide support, education, and supervision to intern students as required by schools, update the Intern Handbook as needed;
- Provide crisis intervention, assesses suicide risk and needs for critical clients;
- Manages the accurate input of client data into the Salesforce.com integrated technology system to collect, analyze, and report data outcomes and trends;
- Provides advocacy and consultation regarding mental health, homelessness, and any other veteran related issues to interdisciplinary team members, organization’s collaborative committees, research organizations, policy makers, and any others interested in serving and improving the lives of veterans, and their family members;
- Serves on local, state, and national advocacy committees to develop and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve the lives of veterans and their family members;
- Enhances the structure of the organization by staying abreast of the emerging evidence based practices in mental health, housing, and any other veteran service fields of practice;
- Develops and provides professional trainings regarding veteran issues for staff members and outside groups to improve skills, effectiveness, and education of veteran issues;
- Coordinates planning, monitoring, and evaluating for maximum operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Serves as a liaison with the community, public, and private agencies;
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Licensed Master Social Worker; LMSW or LCSW;
- Two years experience post MSW graduation;
- Experience with the veteran/ military community;
- Familiar with Houston area community resources.
- $55,000 - $65,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance;
- Simple IRA Retirement with organization match;
- Paid holiday and vacation days;
- Professional development training offered and encouraged.
Email cover letters and resumes to Monique Rodriguez, LMSW at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2020.