Contract Posted by: America’s Warrior Partnership, Augusta, Georgia www.americaswarriorpartnership.org & Combined Arms, Houston, Texas www.combinedarms.us
Application Deadline: Friday, December 13, 2019
Employment Type: Hourly Contract (Duration up to 1.5 years)
Position Title: Research Assistant (RA)
Summary of Position: America’s Warrior Partnership currently has an opportunity for a contract Research Assistant position for a community-based research study based in Houston, Texas focused on understanding and preventing veteran suicide and deaths by self-harm. For more information on the study, visit https://americaswarriorpartnership.org/deep-dive/.
The Research Assistant will collect and collate quantitative data and conduct qualitative interviews.
America’s Warrior Partnership is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower communities to empower veterans, family members and caregivers.
The Research Assistant will be hired by America’s Warrior Partnership as a 1099 contractor and be paid $20/ hour to conduct Socio-cultural death investigations (SDI) with family members, friends, co-workers etc. of those close to the deceased.
Location: This position will be supported and based out of the office and staff of Combined Arms, 2929 McKinney, Houston, TX 77003, www.combinedarms.us.
Duties & Responsibilities
Utilizing data collection tools, databases and protocols provided by America’s Warrior Partnership, the Research Assistant will:
* Participate in study protocol training
* Organize or assist in the organization of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews
* Conduct qualitative interviews with subjects in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection, procedures and documentation standards
* Sensitively manage grief and loss with study subjects
* Review and collate data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information
* Demonstrate ability to be attentive to own self-care as Research Assistant will be interviewing and examining details of potentially traumatic events
Required Knowledge & Skills
* Preferred in Public Health, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology or related fields
* One or more years of social science research experience, including detailed management of large volumes of data, maintaining confidentiality and privacy of human subjects, following study protocols, and conducting qualitative interviews
* Must be currently legally eligible for employment in the United States
* Demonstrate capacity to work independently and meet deadlines
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
* Passionate about supporting military veterans and their families
* Must have a current driver’s license and access to a vehicle or access to other reliable transportation for local travel
* Must have regular access to a phone and working laptop with Microsoft Office and reliable internet connection
How to Apply:
Applicants may send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Contract Research Assistant for Operation Deep Dive”